Erectile Dysfunction (Levitra)
What is Levitra?
Levitra is a brand-name medication used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction is one of the most common worldwide sex problems. Man who feels trouble to get or keep an erection firm enough to have sexual intercourse. Levitra can help a man who has erectile dysfunction, which is administered orally. It attenuates muscles of blood vessels that enhance the blood flow of the body.
Who can take or not Levitra?
Levitra is used only for men who have erectile dysfunction and over the 18 years. Before taking Levitra, you have to talk to your doctor if it is right for you or not.
Should not take Levitra if you-
- Are already taking nitrate medicine for chest pain.
- Are allergic to Levitra or taking other drugs to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension like riociguat.
- Have any heart disease.
- High or low blood pressure.
- Seizers, stroke.
- Kidney or liver disease.
- Stomach ulcer.
- A bleeding disorder like hemophilia.
- Blood cell disorders like leukemia, sickle cell anemia.
- Have any hearing or vision problems.
If Levitra is used at an unsafe level with particular other medicine, it can cause your blood pressure to drop suddenly, which is very harmful to your body.
How should you take Levitra?
At first, you should take Levitra according to your doctor’s prescription. After that, you have to be very careful about taking medicine.
- Before taking Levitra, you should follow all directions on the prescription.
- You can take one tablet within one hour before sexual intercourse with or without food.
- Having liver problems, your doctor can give you a low dose of Levitra.
- If you have high blood pressure and prostate problems, your doctor also can provide you a low amount.
- You must not change any quantity of your medicine without your doctor’s permission.
- You should call your doctor in any emergency case.
Side effects of Levitra:
The most common side effects of Levitra are-
- Digestion problem, dizziness, upset stomach.
- Flushing, stuffy, headache.
- Decrease in hearing.
- Allergic signs like difficulty breathing, swelling.
- Heart problem.
Some rare case like-
- Priapism is an erection problem.
- Vission problem in choosing blue and green colors.
The best dose of Levitra works differently for each person depending on-
The initial dose for adult:
You need to take it orally, 10 mg once a day before 60 minutes in sexual intercourse. The maximum you can increase it up to 20 mg according to your doctor’s advice.
Initial dose for more than 65 years:
You have to take 5 mg Of Levitra if you are 65 years old. Never take this medicine more than once a day.
How long does Levitra last?
After taking Levitra, it starts to work as soon as possible. Levitra works from 30 minutes to one hour for more people. Sometimes it works faster, and the effects of it can last at least 4 to 5 hours. If it lasts more than 4 hours, it turns into priapism, you must go to the nearest health care center as soon as possible.
When should you consult your doctor?
As Levitra is available in multiple doses to treat erectile dysfunction, only your doctor can fix the right dose for you. Obviously, after seeing your health condition he can find it. So before starting to take this medicine, you should consult your doctor. Sometimes it can take a few weeks to understand the timing of taking this medicine and working it in your body. In this case, you have to be faithful to your God. After that, you can discuss with your doctor about another treatment system like-
- Surgical option.
- Vacuum pumps.
- Diet and other lifestyle changes.
- Penile suppository.
- Talk therapy for emotional causes of erectile dysfunction, for example, relationship concern.
Levitra should store at room temperature (15-30°C), away from moisture and heat. You must keep it away from children. It can’t cure erectile dysfunction but increase a man’s sexual desire. Nevertheless, Levitra is a safe and effective medication to treat erectile dysfunction. If you feel any problem immediately, you have to consult your doctor.