Minoxidil Liquid or Foam: Which One Should You Use?
Minoxidil foam was created as a result of two primary consumer connected concerns: First was the customer grievance that the fluid variation leaves an unfavorable oily residue on the hair. The minoxidil foam was established as an easier version for styling hair.
The essential distinction between minoxidil fluid, as well as foam, is that the minoxidil foam does not include propylene glycol. Whereas, in the liquid version, propylene glycol aids minoxidil to penetrate deep through the skin layers and reach the follicles of hair. Propylene glycol, nonetheless, is in charge of the majority of situations of minoxidil associated allergic reaction or inflammation. Possibilities of allergic reaction, scalp dry skin, and intolerance are lesser in instance of foam solution of minoxidil.
The discussion regarding minoxidil foam vs liquid, which is superior, is still going on as both have some benefits over others.
Benefits of liquid Minoxidil:
- It’s more affordable as compared to foam formulation.
- Generally, it includes a dropper, so you obtain the exact amount that you need, as opposed to estimating with the foam.
- The dropper enables you to use it deeper into the hair more quickly. This is very valuable if your hair is long. The foam may be lost in hair and never get to the scalp.
- It may produce much better and faster results.
Benefits of foam Minoxidil:
- The application of foam minoxidil is much easier. It is much less unpleasant, as well as does not run like fluid formula.
- It triggers less irritation or dry skin in the scalp, thereby boosting conformity for two times a day-to-day routine.
- It dries out within 5 to 10 minutes, contrasted to around half an hour with the liquid. Styling of the hairs, as well as overall aesthetic appeals, is better.
Systemic negative effects are a lot less serious.
In the experience of many users of minoxidil, frequently one begins with minoxidil liquid, and if there is scalp irritability, they transfer to foam. Nonetheless, if the expense is not an issue, foam is a better choice for guys with short hairstyles. It creates good results without much of the negative effects.