Nootropic Supplements for Everyday Brain Health
Brain health is a serious topic. Your brain is the most important part of your body after all. We’re going to give you the Most Effective Nootropic Supplements to improve brain health, but first let’s learn what nootropics actually are.
What are Nootropics?
Nootropic supplements are drugs and other nutritional supplements that provide cognitive benefits for healthy individuals. Some of these benefits include improving memory, focus and general alertness; lowering anxiety and depression; increasing intelligence; aiding in the prevention or treatment of certain medical disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease.
There are a number of nootropics available on the market today. This is because the pharmaceutical industry has learned how to make them and adds them to prescription drugs. In fact, nootropics and prescription drugs can be combined for more substantial results.
However, there are also many “natural” nootropics available and some of these can be found in your food. Foods that provide Nootropic benefits include ginseng, chocolate, coffee/caffeine, fish oil supplements and choline supplements such as Alpha GPC: our favorite nootropic supplement!
The good news is that these “natural” sources of nootropics are plentiful in nature thanks to the brain’s own metabolizing enzymes.
What are the Benefits of Nootropics?
Nootropics are not only used for improving brain health, but also for preventing or treating certain medical disorders. The pharmaceutical industry has taken note of nootropics benefits and is trying to get them added to prescription drugs. With this in mind, let’s find out what the benefits are:
- Increase in energy
- Enhanced memory and concentration
- Maintenance of the brain’s antioxidant capacity and protection against toxins…this is especially useful for older people with aging brains who normally lose these vital health benefits.
- Protection from stroke, the “natural” supplement Alpha GPC protects against stroke caused by lack of blood flow to the brain. Every year, 154,000 people suffer a strokes in the U.S. alone!
- Lower risk of Alzheimer’s disease, this is especially true for people who take choline supplements by consuming foods like eggs, poultry, and fish.
- Improved mental function
- Protection from Alzheimers disease, Alpha GPC has also been found to destroy beta amyloid plaques in the brain of those with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Lower levels of stress-induced oxidative stress in the brain, stress can lead to neural damage due to oxidation, and nootropics can help avoid this damaging effect by maintaining antioxidant levels in the brain.
- Improved sleep quality, the lower anxiety we feel when sleeping helps us have better sleep quality. We can rest more deeply and wake up feeling refreshed.