Smartest rehab Choices You Can Go for Now
Not sure about your alcohol consumption? Contact a psychologist to discuss your situation. You need to choose the best drug rehab for couples now.
Symptoms of alcohol addiction
If your alcohol use causes problems and you meet two or more of the characteristics below, then there is a chance that you have an alcohol use disorder. Consider your situation in the past year:
- You often drink more than you intended or you often drink longer than you intended.
- You want to reduce or keep drinking alcohol under control, but this does not work
- It takes a lot of time to buy alcohol, to drink or to recover from use (hangover).
You sometimes / often / always long for alcohol. For example, when you watch TV on the couch, you always have to think about drinks: “Shall I have one?”
- As a result of your alcohol consumption, you cannot meet obligations (at school, at work or at home). You do not do your homework, you report sick or you ignore odd jobs in the house.
- Because of your alcohol consumption you have social problems. For example, you are unemployed, you have a conflict with an authority or you have a fight with your neighbor.
- Because of your alcohol consumption you have had to give up important activities (for example: work, squash at an association or your weekly bingo evening)
You use alcohol in situations where this is dangerous (in traffic, while driving a machine at work). You know that alcohol will make your physical problem worse. For example, your doctor tells you that you have liver disease. Still you drink on with your wife. There are ample options for couples rehabs now.
Or a psychological problem: your doctor tells you that your memory is deteriorating due to alcohol. Still you drink on. You don’t notice much of the alcohol anymore or you need more and more to get tipsy. If you do not drink for a few hours or a few days, you will get withdrawal symptoms. Make a visit to https://couplesrehabs.org for the best solutions.
Brain and alcohol addiction
There is an area in the brain that is sensitive to rewards (nucleus accumbens). This area ensures that you experience a reward after certain actions. That reward is a pleasant feeling. For example, if you eat or have an orgasm, you experience such a reward. This allows you to start longing for it again. That is handy, because by eating and reproducing, people will continue to exist. The Couples rehab is the best choice here.
However, drinking alcohol is not useful for the survival of the human species. Yet alcohol also ensures that the reward center is stimulated. You feel comfortable after a beer or wine. However, there is also a danger there. Your brain stores this pleasant feeling in the memory, and next time you want alcohol or drugs again. You want another reward.